Monday, March 12, 2012


The influence of fashion and technology is so phenomenal that it has already taken place and is continuing to evolve at a rapid pace. Technology has positively influenced the fashion industry in so many ways. I can go on and on and on for days. It’s impossible to deny the power of technology in the fashion industry.


As technology continues to advance, more designers are live-streaming their shows than ever before. Live streaming has become one of the most popular approaches of presenting events that can be viewed by a vast audience. There were a few fashion shows during Fashion Week that was online-only. This is a great idea for consumer involvement to experience the live runway presentation and to also keep up with Fashion Week wherever they are using their mobile phone, iPad, laptop, etc.  They are experiencing what is clearly no longer an experience for industry insiders only. Traditionally, fashion shows were exclusive events for celebrities, buyers, models and the media. But thanks to the evolution of new technologies, consumers are as much a part of the fashion industry such as exclusive fashion show & behind the scenes as the “important people” are. Excitingly, I had the opportunity to watch a few fashion shows during Fashion Week on my iPad while waiting for my brother while he got his teeth cleaned at the dentist. 




Here you have the opportunity to watch the Chloe' Winter 2012/13 runway show during Fashion Week.
Enjoy :)


6 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Technology has had a positive influence on the fashion industry. As a native New Yorker, I would always attend fashion week events when I lived there. Now that I live in Baltimore, I cannot attend as much and I secretly envy my friends that do. However, this year I was able to watch some of the live stream fashions shows online. It was great! I didn't feel so left out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like technology has been able to bring fashion to the masses. We can now get thing that we didn't have access to via eCommerce. Also, high fashion has become more affordable for the average person due to developments such as eBay and Bluefly where people can purchase products at a reduced price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out about Bluefly a few years ago. Never bought anything from there because they never had my size -_- (size to small!!!). But they definitely have some nice items on there at affordable prices.

      Delete
  3. Technology has definitely influenced the fashion industry. Just being able to watch live streams from the internet to see whats new and in season. I love fashion and for one I am always up on whats in and whats not. If I am not working on some assignment on the net I am surfing the web for clothes or shoes. I never been a blogger but when I found out about "pinterest" which is a blog about fashion for individuals to be able to share and view what others think is fashionable. I became hooked. They also have something on there where you can create and share different looks "VIRTUALLY". Lol I fell in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your topic! Yes, we definitely have the opportunity to see more into the fashion world. I’ve noticed a few designs in lower end retailers that have been mimicked from top designers. Looking forward to your posts! and thanks for the video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fashion says a lot about a person and I find it very interesting how technology is bringing that to light.

    ReplyDelete